Mohinder has over 25 years of experience in M&A, strategic advisory, capital markets, portfolio company integration as well as post-acquisition performance management in India, Asia and Europe
- He has advised corporates in multiple sectors including logistics, auto components, manufacturing, realty, banking, education and IT. Mohinder has significant hands-on operational experience managing corporate entities as well as in conducting due diligence, structuring and negotiating transactions. Mohinder has also advised private equity firms in India on improving the performance of their portfolio companies.
- Mohinder led the Allcargo Global Logistics team in negotiating a $75m investment from Blackstone(India). Prior to this, he led the €30m acquisition of EcuHoldNV, a Belgian logistics company, by Allcargo. Post acquisition, Mohinder took up the position of Group CFO and was based in Antwerp, Belgium for three years, starting in 2005. Mohinder was later named Vice Chairman of the EcuLine and was instrumental in their structuring and successful integration with Allcargo.
- In 2005, Mohinder acted as the sole advisor to Amforge Industries on a complex $60m de-merger and sale of assets to Mahindra Group
- Mohinder has also advised Indian corporates on various capital raising transactions including Allcargo's $30m IPO, Bank of Punjab’s $20m IPO and Garware Polyster's $10m rights issue
- Mohinder is a Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and holds a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Punjab
Mr. Bansal is also the Director/Partner in following Companies/LLP:
- AllCargo Logistics Limited
- Navneet Education Limited
- BlackSoil Capital Pvt. Ltd.
- Concorde Motors (India) Limited
- K12 Techno Services Private Limited
- Girik Wealth Advisors Private Limited
At BlackSoil, Ankur is leading the execution efforts across our large corporate clients in strategic discussions, idea origination, M&A execution, investment thesis, negotiations with investors / sellers and even post-deal investment management. He is also responsible for seamlessly executing alongwith the analyst team, the consulting projects taken up by the firm and ensure delivery of quality analytical advise as per needs of the client in a timely manner. He has developed a large network of venture capitalists, private equity investors, institutional investors / brokers and investment bankers which he tries to leverage to the fullest for the benefit of firm's clientele.
Prior to co-founding BlackSoil, Ankur has 10 years of extensive work experience in investment banking and has worked across several large foreign investment banks in the country like JP Morgan, Citi and JM Morgan Stanley. He has in-depth knowledge of Indian capital markets and been part of deal teams for various large corporates across industries. Has managed and executed more than 30 marquee Indian capital market transactions aggregating to almost US$ 15Bn through products like IPOs, DRs, QIPs, Blocks, Domestic Convertible, Rights, Buyback and Pre-IPO placements.
He is a Chartered Accountant and a CFA Charterholder. He completed his Bachelors of Commerce degree from the prestigious Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.